How Do I?
Become a patient? -
Thank you for your interest in becoming a partner with the staff at Vaughan Integrative Medicine and The Natural Vitality Center! The following information will tell you about our practice and about our partnership with you on your journey to a whole, balanced and youthful life.
Your experience as a new patient begins with a 90-minute group orientation.* During that time you will meet every staff member of Vaughan Integrative Medicine and The Natural Vitality Center -- we want you to see how much support you have as you make this journey toward a healthier, youthful and more balanced life! We strongly recommend that you plan to bring a representative of your personal support system (spouse, significant other, life partner, best friend, etc.) to attend as well. The more they know, the more they will be able to support you.
During orientation, you will:
- Begin to experience what makes Vaughan Integrative Medicine & The Natural Vitality Center unique in comparison with traditional doctors’ offices and medical clinics
- Hear Dr. Vaughan’s personal story of how she transitioned to an integrative approach, and learn why traditional medical treatments may not have worked for you
- Learn how optimum nutrition is the key to whole-body wellness, particularly as it relates to reducing inflammation
- Learn how to determine whether you have any food sensitivities or allergies, simply by adjusting your diet
- Learn how our practice operates (i.e. how to schedule appointments, how and when to request prescription refills, how to contact us if you have questions, how to maximize reimbursement from your insurance company and/or FSA/MSA/HRA, etc.)
- Know what to expect over the first three to six months of your treatment plan (approximate cost, time commitment, etc.)
- Be assured of the variety of ways that we as a staff are committed to supporting you
Approximately four weeks following your orientation, you'll meet with Dr. Vaughan for your personalized, comprehensive, 90-minute appointment. During that visit, Dr. Vaughan reviews your complete medical history, discusses any current health challenges that you may have, and talks with you about your personal health goals. She then performs a thorough physical exam, and together, you begin to form a workable plan for you to reach all of your health goals. (You read that correctly - practitioners at Vaughan Integrative Medicine do not examine you first. We LISTEN to you first!) Your initial treatment plan begins that day, but you and Dr. Vaughan will fine-tune your plan at your next appointment, which will occur approximately four weeks later (once all of your lab work has returned).
The cost for your first two visits will be approximately $650, plus applicable fees for lab work. Your first six months of treatment will likely include an initial examination and three follow-up appointments with Dr. Vaughan, routine lab work, and a regimen of essential vitamins/supplements. Additional, detailed pricing will be provided during orientation.
We require an initial $150 non-refundable deposit when we schedule your first appointments. (Your orientation, your initial examination with Dr. Vaughan, and your first follow-up appointment will be scheduled when you call). An additional deposit of $500 is due the date of your orientation, and is fully refundable if you cancel your appointment with a minimum notice of two weeks. These deposits will be credited to your first two appointments. For your convenience, we take the following credit cards by phone: MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
Please click on the PAY FOR MY VISIT link to the left for more information about payments and insurance.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you are ready to schedule your appointments, or if you have additional questions, visit vaughanintegrative.com/portal and click on the "Pre-Register" button. Submit the completed online registration form and our intake coordinator will call you within one week.
* Your participation at orientation is a prerequisite to your intake appointment with Dr. Vaughan. We currently schedule orientation appointments once per month, usually on the second Tuesday. Pre-registration is required.
For more "How Do I" answers, use the menu to the left.